This ‘review’ is actually more to an episode analysis than an actual episode review. Therefore please bear with it.
What you’ll see:
- Kyousuke having a dream of an ideal little sister he could think of. However his subconscious of knowing that there’s no way her sister could treat him like a big brother spoiled the dream.
- How Kirino actually looks like, a super beautiful teenage girl who excels in everything she does, well except for having a good relationship with her brother. From the outside Kirino looks just fine. However I can’t stand the way she see her brother. She normally don’t talk to him, ignoring him all the time, or should I say she hates him.
- A meganekko girl named Manami, close friend to Kyousuke. She looks superbly normal, extremely normal that she thinks it’s a compliment when people told her “you are too normal”.
- An accident occurred, which changed Kyousuke’s and Kirino’s fate forever. Kyousuke and Kirino bumped into each other when both of them are in a hurry for personal reason. That’s when Kirino unknowingly dropped an anime DVD case from her handbag, and Kyousuke found it without knowing whom that anime DVD case belongs to. Actually it could have been solved earlier if Kyousuke have the balls to act more manly. To Kyousuke’s surprise the anime DVD case is actually containing eroge instead of anime. Suspecting it belongs to Kirino, he fished her out and found a big secret about Kirino; she’s actually an otaku in denial.
- After Kirino revealing her otaku side to Kyousuke, she requested him to give her the so-called “life counseling” although it’s safe to say that Kyousuke were forced or threatened to do that. Actually it’s more like Kyousuke has accepted the role of becoming Kirino’s official punchbag, which is why he reluctantly agreed to that request.
- Kyousuke’s father (obviously Kirino’s father too) hates otaku an the otaku culture itself by making negative remarks about it. This makes things difficult for Kirino while Kyousuke is somehow determined to protect her.
- Last but not least; Kirino’s sexy ass as pictured above.
What I feel:
Kyousuke is actually irritated by the fact that he overshadowed by his little sister. It’s not that he want to outdo his sister but all he wanted is for his sister to see him as a big brother rather than an annoyance, which is how Kirino treats him right now. My theory of why Kirino is looking down on her brother is due to the fact that she is doing better in many things. Another theory is Kyousuke has been living in the shadow of his little sister due to inferior complex or low self-esteem or something like that.
In terms of brother-sister relationship, I must say Kirino is the worst little sister ever in all anime I’ve watched so far. She doesn’t even reply to his brother’s greetings, let alone starting a conversation with him. She doesn’t care for what would happen to her brother. I think it’s not exaggerated for me to say she doesn’t care if Kyousuke is exist or not. What kind of attitude is that? If it’s me there’s no way I would let that to happen, even if my little sister is doing things better than me. After all she can’t resort to mentioning how bad I am when compared to her, because that would be ad hominem. She has no right nor excuse to hate her brother like that.
Most of the time Kyousuke receives the hitting from Kirino, and poor him he has to endure all that in order not to make their already bad relationship any worse. For me it is Kirino who should be thankful here for having such a calm and patient brother instead of blaming him when something goes wrong, or use him as a scapegoat/sacrifice for her own sake, and in some event, to the extent of forcing him to do the dirty jobs for her while keeping her clean image all for herself without any credits to her brother. Yes, usually it’s Kyousuke who are to carry all the burden for Kirino to enjoy her selfish interests.
For Kirino to have such disgusting look on her brother is very distasteful to me. Actually I can’t understand how Kirino grown into hating her brother that much, despite both of them were raised together. It’s not like they were separated in their earlier life. There’s no way Kyousuke could have neglected her sister by not paying attention towards everything she did, I mean there’s no way for Kyousuke to have caused their brother-sister relationship if it’s not Kirino being the first one to distant herself from her brother.
What I wanted to happen next:
- Kyousuke slapped Kirino for talking back to him.
- Kirino got raeped by fellow otaku.
- Kirino masturbates while playing the eroge.
- Kirino’s modeling contract terminated because she gained some weight.
- Kyousuke laughed his ass off seeing Kirino being smackdowned by their father after he found out her dirty secret.
- Kyousuke faps to Kirino’s sexy shorts.
Oh you might think I hate Kirino so much. Well this is only the first episode so neither you nor me can be too sure about that. Anyways see you again in episode 02 review.