Thinking of following me on twitter? Assuming that you are already following me and wants a followback from me, be sure to comply to these rules:
- Be sure to be able to tweet in English. I won’t followback you if you tweet mostly in other languages than English. Sure there are exceptions but don’t put much expectation on it.
- Don’t ask for a followback. I’ll decide who to follow after having enough time observing your tweets. I’ll sure followback you if you match the criteria but I won’t tell you specifically what are my criteria for a followback.
- Refrain from using profanity. I hate seeing F-bombs dropped in my timeline as much as I hate to use them myself. Once in a while is fine but to see them for almost everyday is no fun to me.
- Please prove to me that you’re human by mentioning me at least once or replying to at least one of my tweets. This way I’d be able to know that you’re human and not just some bots lurking around in twitter.
- Be a regular in twitter because I’m a regular tweeple too. It doesn’t mean that you have to devote most of your online time on twitter but at least tweet regularly so that I know I’m not going to followback a dead people.
- Engage in a conversation with me or at least reply to my mentions. I won’t followback anybody who aren’t interested in having a two-way conversation with me, even if you’re happen to be the so-called “twitter celebrity”.
- Don’t do something like “tweet-reporting”. This is usually done by ustream fags who can’t help but to tweet everything they see on the livecasts coupled with vague comments. Not to mention those who like to tweet every occurrence in an event (like every goal in a football match or every announcement in a console launches.
- Be sure to read my other related article as well.
- How to Not Be a Twidiot – 4 Twitter Personas to Avoid (blogtrepreneur.com)
- The 7 Commandments Of TWITTER (Twitter etiquette explained for the rest of us) (marketing4recruiters.wordpress.com)